Sunday, May 1, 2016



It's just crazy how fast time goes by. I've been out for three months. However, it's been a great experience. I don't know what to think of anymore. It's been a big change for me. I'm learning a new language which I've made great progress in. I can usually understand what people are saying. Sometimes I can't, but for the majority, I can. Also, I've really changed in what I eat. I always hope that the members feed us fruits and vegetables because they are so good here. haha. Also, I've grown so much in the gospel while here. This week has been pretty busy. I gave another talk this past Sunday on Temples and we kind of started church late. A returned missionary gave her testimony and then I spoke. My companion was supposed to speak as well but I spoke for the rest of the time and ended up leaving him no time to give his talk. Also, I played the piano for sacrament meeting. The first one was perfect. The second was almost perfect.  I was nervous for the last one because I gave my talk before and it wasn't as great, but otherwise Sacrament meeting went well. This week was the Multi-Zone Conference for missionaries. My zone had to go all the way to Mazatlán because we are part of the area even though my district area is closer to the multi-zone conference in Culiacan.  We were on a bus for two hours and I slept most of the way. At the conference, we talked a lot about the Holy Spirit. The Spirit has all control in missionary work, in revelation, guidance and in conversion. I've had some great experience with the Spirit on my mission; it is real and is one of the most important factors in conversion. We also learned about faith, that it has many meanings. One of them is faith as a word of action. If our investigators don't keep their commitments, it is because they don't have faith.  If we don't have faith then we don't keep the commandments of God. Therefore, we must have faith and in turn help our investigators grow their faith. It was a great conference and I learned a lot. I hope everyone is doing okay and I love and miss you all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment